Nature photography is something I really enjoy. Capturing the beauty that surrounds me helps me to appreciate it just that much more! And you don't even need a DSLR to capture this beauty. You can use your phone camera and get beautiful images.
- Morning & Evening Light ... when you begin to see that light shining through your window, that's the time to get outside and start shooting. I see light from the sun and it always makes me want to head outdoors to capture it.
- Golden Hour App ... you can use an app called Golden Hour to help you know when the best time is to catch the sun as it's rising or setting.
- Get low ... shooting from lower angles sometimes enables you to catch the prettiest scenes. Sometimes I'll hold my camera down low, not even looking through the view finder I just shoot and am amazed at what the sunlight does as it filters through the leaves and branches, like in the image above.
- Shoot directly into the sun ... and have some tree or bush behind what you're shooting. The bokeh that is produced can be incredible! If you're shooting with your DSLR, set your aperture around f9 or so (play around with it) and capture some beautiful sun flare.
- Shoot in the middle of the day too!
Capture the grass, the weeds, a walking path, bare branches, raindrops on the leaves. There's so much you can capture. I've thought about putting together a nature book that highlights all of the pretty nature that's on our property. What a fun thing that would be!
All images in this section are taken with my phone.
All images in this section are taken with my DSLR.
Have fun shooting!