For me, inspiration comes in so many different ways. And often I'm just so lacking in it. My lack of posting is a sign of that very thing missing in my life.
There hasn't been a lack of posting over on Instagram, it's just here on the blog. So, today I thought I'd share a few things I do when I'm suddenly inspired.
When inspiration hits, I usually have a particular look in mind, so I grab those things. In this case, it was a white chair that sits on my front porch.
- I grab those things that have suddenly jumped into my mind.
- Look around for items that complement
- Find the light
- Arrange them ... stack them, open them, move them around (take shots of the changes and additions
- An item that gives movement to my set up is what I look for next (in this case it's the white cloth that's blurred out in the background)
- I shoot from several angles.
These dried peonies were sitting on my dining table from another still life session, so I pulled them into the shot with the journal open this time rather than under the cup of tea. I also took the orchid out of the background and just let it be streaming light.
There were so many more images I took and don't want to put them all here, but you can check out my Instagram and see if you can spot the ones that were taken on this same morning.
I hope I've helped bring a little inspiration your way!