What does that even mean? Not all days are quiet out here. In fact, we have plenty of days where the house is full, or at least full of noise and activity.
But life out here is peaceful.
Living in town is different. There are so many choices you can make. So many things that can steal your time.
So, here are a few tips to getting a 'sixteen miles out' lifestyle right where you live.
- Plan your week so that you don't have errands or activities every day
- Plan to have at least one full day, but preferably two full days in a row at home
- Enjoy the quiet ... don't turn on the tv or the radio (at least for part of the day)
- Enjoy the sounds of nature, listen to the birds sing or the wind blowing through the trees
- Sit out on your back patio or front porch ... something cold to drink in your hand and your thoughts
- Do something just for you ... do you have a hobby you love
- this list could go on and on ...
- Take a nap 🙂
Ahh ... this just makes me take a nice deep breath knowing peace is coming.
If you can, fit this into every week. We all need rejuvenation. Maybe this isn't how you get it. But for me this works.
What are some ways you rejuvenate or relax ... get that 'sixteen miles out' lifestyle?