Sitting here at my desk, the house is quiet and for the most part dark. I want to write a post, but want it to be worth your time.
So, what is on my mind today?
It’s just a word. But it’s something we each do in our daily lives. Maybe not as much as we need to. Or even as much as we’d like to.
In these fast paced days, it seems near impossible to even take a few moments to pause and enjoy life. But I encourage you to do just that.
How much would it take from your day if:
- When you wake in the morning, rather than jumping out of bed, you pause and stretch
- When you sit down for your morning drink you allow yourself a moment with God or a moment of silence before you begin your daily tasks
- You took out your journal and just jotted down a couple of things … even just a couple of words
- When you walk out the door, you stop and feel the breeze, the crisp cold or the sunshine on your face
- You stopped and looked deeply at the faces of those you meet and got a glimpse of their heart
Taking the time to pause really won’t take from your day. They will actually add to your day.
They have helped me in my own life to slow down just a bit … they add to the time and fullness in my life.
This quiet morning has produced for me a moment of pause.
How or where will you add pause into your life this week?