We live in a society where it seems we're constantly surrounded by people. A little alone time is healthy. Here are a few ideas you can add to your arsenal.
- Take a walk on the beach or around the block
- Read a book
- Watch a good movie
- Go window shopping in a neighboring town
- Do something artsy
- Work in your garden
- Make a succulent garden
- Write a letter to someone you love
- Plan a day trip and then do it
- Have a spa day - get a mani and pedi and then get your hair done!
- Make a list of things that make you happy
- Write in your journal
- Eat a piece of cheesecake!
- Sit on your porch
- Have a cup of tea or coffee
- Read your favorite magazine
- Walk a pretty path and gather some clippings for a table decoration
- Sit in a coffee shop and people watch
- Look through old photos
- Sit in the sand or grass and listen to the sounds of nature
I hope you choose a few things from this list and actually do it! I'm going to pick something to do myself today! 🙂
Doodlebug Designz says
Great blog! So true, we do need time alone, it’s good for the soul. Lovely photo too, reminds me of a Bella Grace photo. 🙂
Yes we do. I know there are people who spend a lot of time alone and this post doesn’t work for them. But for all of us who are with people so much of the time, it’s kind of nice to have a couple of ideas. Thank you! I’m sure you know that this is one of my granddaughters.