The current state of unrest in my part of the state is minimal compared to what I'm imagining it's like elsewhere. Although the shoppers are behaving differently and the stores seem to be running out of many items, where I live ... Sixteen Miles Out there is a sense of calm.
How can we get that calm in these days of unrest and uncertainty?
- For me, it's through time with God ... just focusing on Him brings that care my soul needs.
- Or even just avoiding crowds. Staying here at home listening to the rainfall.
- And then, there's my still life work ... it truly does bring a stillness to life.
- Maybe you have a special hobby you enjoy ...
- playing a musical instrument
Whatever it may be, I encourage you to pursue that thing that brings you calm, for calm is what we need. And in these days as much as you're able, my encouragement is to focus on God. He cares for you.